Friday, October 31, 2014

Living for Today

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.” Matthew 6:34

“This is the day the Lord has made. I will rejoice and be glad in it!” Psalm 118:24

I have had a lot on my mind lately. We are living in an unfamiliar place, which is uncomfortable most of the time. My mind has constantly been trying to figure out how we are going to get through different times here. For example, I have had a really hard time adjusting to the heat, but I’ve been told that this is not even close to the hottest time of year. We’re told that March is almost unbearable because it is at the very end of dry season (about 5 months without rain) and it stays hot all day and night without any reprieve.  I’ve also been thinking a lot about our desire to have a family. I wonder what it will be like to raise children here. The worries go on and on.

But, we have a great God who intervenes in our worry.

God has reminded me several times recently that He provides what I need for each day. He will give me the manna that I need for the day.  Planning it out ahead of time is pointless because it comes from Him. So, when I have had a thought of, “Oh my, how will I ever…”. God has brought Matthew 6:34 to my mind and reminded me that there is no use in worrying about it. Not only that, but He has shown me over and over again that when I need grace for something in the future, the grace will be there. He provides what we need when we need it.

Another way that God has met me in my worries is by helping me see beauty in each day. You see, God not only provides what we need for the day, but He does so abundantly! One day that He does this is through the beauty that He provides all around us. Here are some things that have reminded me of His beauty:




In case you can't see this one well, those are monkeys in the tree!


So, my prayer for myself and for all of you is that we would be people who live each day fully without being concerned about the next. I pray that we would trust God for what is to come and trust that He has given us what we need for each day. I pray also that we would be people who take time to acknowledge the beauty in each day and praise the Lord for His beautiful creation.

No comments:

Post a Comment