Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Changing Seasons

Lately I have found myself grateful for the changing of seasons. We are currently in Bloomington, IN and this is one of my favorite places to be during Fall. It is absolutely beautiful! The colors of the leaves are stunning and the crispness in the air is refreshing.

This year Fall has brought me renewed hope. It has been a reminder to me that one season has ended and another is beginning. It has shown me that new beauty and new life happen just when we think we can't manage any longer in our previous state.

I was writing thank you cards recently and I noticed that the cards I wrote right when we got home contained the words, "thank you for praying with us in this difficult year". The card I wrote today said, "thank you for your prayers during our challenging year". Subtle change, but I was amazed by the realization that I'm no longer communicating that we're "in this difficult season". Without realizing it, I've started to talk about the difficulty of the year in past tense. We're moving forward. It's a gradual process, but I'm feeling hopeful again.

As I walk down the street and take in the beauty of the colorful, falling leaves, I'm grateful yet again for God's faithfulness. I'm grateful that He does not keep us in one season forever. I'm thankful for the glimmers of hope He provides and the realization that He IS working all things for His good. I'm glad that we don't stay in challenging seasons forever, but there is always hope of new beauty and new life.

No comments:

Post a Comment